01/27/2016

QSL FROM “SAQ” – GRIMETON RADIO STATION, VARBERG, SWEDEN

As annual on Christmas Eve, there was a transmission with the Alexanderson 200 kW alternator on VLF 17.2 kHz from Grimeton Radio/SAQ. This year the broadcast was at December 24 at 08.00 UTC. In this mp3 audio file you hear the message that was broadcast in the Morse code: SAQ 17.2 kHz 24.12.15 - 08.00 UTC.mp3. I used a Beverage antenna from 385 metres long on 43° (without Balun!). Reception reports you could send it to info@alexander.n.se or to Alexander - Grimeton Veteranradios Vaenner, Radiostationen, Grimeton 72S-432 98 GRIMETON, SWEDEN.

SAQ 17.2 kHz 24.12.15 - 08.00 UTC prt scr.jpg

SAQ 1 2015 QSL.jpg

SAQ 2 2015 QSL0002.jpg

MEDIUM WAVE QSL FROM THE AMERICAN RADIO STATION WRCR

I received WRCR from Spring Valley, New York on 1700 kHz with a reasonable quality: WRCR Spring Valley, NY 1700 kHz.mp3. My reception report was sent to mail@wrcr.com.

WRCR LOGO.jpg

WRCR QSL BLOG.jpg

The new Nautel TX:

Transmitter WRCR 1700 kHz.jpg

The new 60-meter antenna tower:

Antenna WRSR 1700 kHz.jpg

QSL FROM AMERICAN FREE RADIO STATION CHANNEL Z

Channel Z is a low power station from North America and has been on the air since November 2004. I heard the station when he was in the air on 6150.5 kHz AM with 25 watt of power:

Channel Z 6150.450 kHz prt scrc.png

Channel Z is really a DX station on the short wave! The QSL address is channelzradio(at)gmail.com. A reception report or mp3 audio file is 100% confirmed with a detailed E-QSL:

QSLChannel Z.jpg

01/14/2016

QSL FROM HARBOUR LIGHT OF THE WINWARDS FROM CARRIACOU, GRENADA

I received Harbour Light of the Windwards in the night of 9 January at 03.00 UTC. The reception was fair to good: Harbour Lights, Grenada 1400 kHz 09.01.16 - 03.00 UTC.mp3.They have an interesting page on the internet that describes the transmitting equipment: www.harbourlightradio.org/page25.html. After just 1 day I got this nice QSL:

QSL Harbour light 1400 kHz.jpg

QSL FROM COAST STATION TALLIN RADIO IN ESTONIA

I received Tallin Radio with a NAVTEX broadcast on 518 kHz. Tallin Radio sent beautiful QSL cards:

Tallin Radio 1.jpg

Tallin Radio 4.jpg

Tallin Radio 2.jpg

Tallin Radio 5.jpg

QSL FROM THE VERY LAST BROADCAST OF LUXEMBOURG MEDIUM WAVE STATION MARNACH

The broadcasts on 1440 kHz ended with the national anthem of Luxembourg: RTL Signing off1440 kHz 31.12.15 - 00.00 UTC.mp3. I sent my very last reception report to: Broadcasting Center Europe,TV and Radio Transmissions, 45 Blvd. Pierre Frieden, L-1543 Luxembourg, Luxembourg.

QSL 1 RTL 1440 kHz.jpg