06/21/2014

QSL FROM THE LAST BROADCAST OF THE BBC INDIAN OCEAN RELAY STATION

The British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC) closed all shortwave transmitters from the Indian Ocean Relay Station site at Grand Anse, Mahé in Seychelles on 29 March 2014. Below a QSL of their very last broadcast from this site:

BBC SECH QSL.jpg

Some reception details on my reception report:

REC REP BBC SECH.jpg

QSL FROM PIRATE STATION “QRP” FROM THE NETHERLANDS

QRP started broadcasting in 2013 on an irregular basis. It is a real QRP station. A free low power pioneer radio station on 6.925 kHz AM. The output power is only 8 watts.....QRP is all about propagation, timing and antenna basics. In comparison to Dutch powerhouses, the operator find it very challenging to reach as far as possible with low power. More information on http://stationqrp.blogspot.be/. A mp3 recording during my observation is on: Station QRP 6925 kHz.mp3.

QSL QRP.jpg

RADIO FREELINE, A NEW PIRATE RADIO STATION FROM BELGIUM

Radio Freeline is broadcasting from the French-speaking part of the country. I heard the station for the first time on May 24 on 6300 kHz with this reception quality: R. Freeline 6300 kHz.mp3. He hopes to get a more powerful transmitter in the future. The address is radiofreeline@hotmail.com.

qsl freeline humat.jpg

06/08/2014

QSL FROM SLOW SCAN TELEVISION STATION “ 1SF072” FROM ITALY

I heard this station in SSTV mode on 27700 kHz with my 7/8 Lambda antenna. The operator sent a very nice QSL in answer for my reception report:

eQSL-1SF072.jpg

The equipment by “Station1SF072”. More info on http://sstv1sf072.altervista.org/

station.jpg

The SSTV picture I have received on 27700 kHz:

02-014_20.47.37. 1SF072.jpg

06/04/2014

QSL FROM MALIN HEAD COAST GUARD RADIO/EJM FROM IRELAND

Full detailed QSL-letter for a report from a DSC message on 2187.5 kHz. The address is: Officer in Charge, Malin Head Coast Guard Radio, Malin Head, County Donegal, Republic of Ireland.

Malin Heat QSL.jpg

QSL FROM ABERTIS TELECOM - MADRID RADIO, SPAIN

Four weeks after I send a reception report to Madrid Radio, I received a QSL-card, personal letter and a lot of information about the service of Abertis Telecom. The broadcast I heard was a DSC message on 12577 kHz. I send my report to:  RCC A Coruna, C/Juan de la Cierva, No 29, A coruna, C.P. 15008, Spain.

QSL Abertis telecom.jpgletter abertis telecom.jpg

The TX antenna from Madrid Radio in Trijueque:

TX site aberis telecom.jpg

06/02/2014

QSL FROM MEDIUM WAVE STATION “HLKX FEBC” FROM SOUTH KOREA

With the Beverage antenna toward Asia, I was lucky to hear on 1188 kHz station "HLKX" from Incheon, near Seoul in South Korea. It was a program in the Korean language.The reception was fair. During the time I listened I made this mp3 audio file: HLKX, Seoul KOR 1188 kHz.mp3. On second 21 you can hear, by a female presenter, the station identification " HLKX". My reception report was sent to: FAR EAST BROADCASTING CO., Station HLKX, MPO BOX 88, Seoul 121-707, South Korea.

HLKX 1.jpg