02/26/2013

MEDIUM WAVE DX FROM ASIA: RADIO TAIWAN INTERNATIONAL ON 1098 KHZ

During the winter months I use two beverage antennas. One is 380 metre long in the direction of Asia. The other is 280 metre long to America. On January 14, 2013 I received Radio Taiwan International with the beverage on 1098 kHz with a Chinese language broadcast. A mp3 recording is on Radio Taiwan Int'l 1098 kHz.mp3. The QSL address is: Radio Taiwan International, 55 Bei-An Road , Taipei 10462, TAIWAN.RTI1.jpg

RTI2.jpg

Below a picture of my beverage antenna in the direction to Asia:

HPIM1793.JPG

02/19/2013

SHORTWAVE STATION WINB FROM PENNSYLVANIA IN THE USA

I heard a special edition of the "Wavescan" program from AWR via the transmitter of WINB on 13570 kHz. I sent a reception report to the WINB Frequency Manager on winb40th(at)yahoo.com and after 5 days I got a QSL-card. I sent also a report to AWR, Wavescan, Box 29235, Indianapolis, Indiana 46229, USA and wavescan(at)awr.org. After7 days I got the QSL card  below. Remarkable is the envelope with the beautiful stamps!

AWR QSL1.jpgAWRQSL2.jpgAWR Envelop.jpgWINB 1.jpgWINB 2.jpg

02/15/2013

FREE RADIO FROM THE NETHERLANDS: RADIO PINK PANTHER

Radio Pink Panther is regularly on the air in the 48 m-band, even on week days.
His new transmitter has a power of 40 watts. A QSL is available on this e-mail address: pinkpantheram(at)hotmail.com. A mp3 audio file with an identification is on
Pink Panther 6553 kHz.mp3

QSLPinkPanther.jpg

02/12/2013

FREE RADIO FROM EUROPE: RADIO MERLIN INTERNATIONAL

Radio Merlin International is a regular guest in the 48 m-band. You can find more information about this station on http://radiomerlininternational.weebly.com/index.html. A report was sent to radiomerlin(at)blueyonder.co.uk. A mp3 audio file from February 10, 2013 is on Radio Merlin Int'l 6305 kHz.mp3

R.Merlin.jpgmerlin01.JPG

02/10/2013

FREE RADIO FROM AMERICA: PIRATE RADIO BOSTON

A few months ago I received Pirate Radio Boston with a special anniversary broadcast. The frequency was 6925 kHz in the USB mode. A reception report with mp3 audio file was sent to pirateradioboston(at)gmail.com.

PRB.jpg